Most of us aren’t used to spending nearly all of our time in the same place — and staying home day after day has us doing just that. We’re feeling bored, frustrated and, in many cases, a little bit stir-crazy.
While streaming shows and movies is one way to pass the time, what should you do if you want to spend your hours on something more engaging? Here are some ideas for you and your family:
- Play some games. Video games, board games and card games are all great family-friendly options during this time. You can even create new games to spice things up.
- Get creative in the kitchen. Teach the kids some of your family’s time-tested recipes, or whip up something you’ve never tried before. Don’t hesitate to spend a little extra time getting the presentation right — then share photos online.
- Refresh the house. Now is the perfect time to clean out closets, organize cupboards or do those repairs and home improvement projects you’ve been putting off. If you want to get outdoors, plant a garden or up your curb appeal with a freshly painted front door.
- Start on a new craft. Get into a creative mindset by painting, drawing, folding origami or even molding clay. Cross-stitch and 3D modeling are also fun ways to pass the time and make something new.
- Plug in your headphones. Spend some time discovering new music, listening to podcasts, or even trying out books on tape. These are great entertainment options when you’re exercising or doing housework.
Get in touch if you have questions about financing repairs and home improvements.