Looking to sell your home quickly – and for top dollar? It might be time to make some updates. While “retro chic” details have had a recent moment in the spotlight regarding furniture and fashion, many homebuyers may not see truly outdated details as attractive selling points when purchasing a new home. As a seller, it can be greatly beneficial for you to make changes that will help you to receive the best offer possible.
Some items that date your home:
- Popcorn ceilings: Update these to a smooth textured surface.
- Tiled countertops: Still cleaning out grout on your kitchen counter? Update tiled countertops to a sleek, easy to clean surface (such as granite or quartz).
- Brass fixtures: Today, many homebuyers prefer fixtures to feature more neutral shades, like gray or black.
Other tips and tricks:
- Low budget? Don’t stress: Even small changes, such as updated cabinet hardware or light fixtures, can make a big impact.
- Get a second opinion: Sometimes it’s difficult to pinpoint what changes need to be made in a home. Ask a friend or your real estate agent for advice on what updates you can make.
- Find inspiration: Check out RE/MAX Pinterest boards to find some fresh ideas for your home.
Remember, when you’re ready to start the process of selling your home, help is just a phone call or email away. Contact me anytime and I will help you get your house updated and ready to sell for top dollar.