Skip To Content

Connecting Utilities Services

When it comes to connecting your utilities for your new home, the process is straightforward. Follow these steps to seamlessly transfer or set up services:

  1. Power Services with CPS Energy:
    • If you’re already a CPS Energy customer, visit to transfer your service online within minutes.
    • For new service requests, or if you are not a CPS Energy customer, call CPS Energy at (210) 353-2222.
  2. Water Services with San Antonio Water System (SAWS):
    • SAWS customers can conveniently transfer service online at
    • If you’re not currently a SAWS customer and need to start water service, call SAWS or (210) 704-7297 visit . Be sure to provide the following details:
      • Proper address
      • Purchase agreement of the new home
      • A valid driver’s license or Texas ID
      • Contact phone number
      • Mailing address
      • Date of birth
  3. Residential Waste and Recycling Services:

Remember, checking each company’s website is the first step, and if online transfers are not available, a call to set up shut-off and set-up appointments is the next best move.

Make sure to contact each provider individually to ensure a smooth transition to your new home.

#UtilitiesConnection #MovingServices #SanAntonioUtilities #CPSenergy #SAWS #WasteServices #GarzaHomeTeam