When you are buying a home, you want your financial records and actions to be squeaky clean so you can qualify for the lowest rate available at the time of your application. It is easy to get stressed out when you prepare for applying for a home loan. Following the 10 commandments below will help you stay on track and narrow financial path to home loan success.
TOP 10 COMMANDMENTS OF BUYING A HOME
- Thou shalt not change jobs, become self employed or quit job
- Thou shalt not buy a car, truck or van
- Thou shalt not use credit cards excessively or let current accounts fall behind
- Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside for closing
- Thou shalt not omit debts or liabilities from your loan application
- Thou shalt not buy furniture on credit
- Thou shalt not originate any inquiries into your credit
- Thou shalt not make large deposits without checking with your loan officer
- Thou shalt not change bank accounts
- Thou shalt not co-sign loan for ANYONE
Don’t let these transactions trip up your good intentions of buy a home. Stay focused on your and your families goal of homeownership– your very own home may be right around the corner!
Feel free to contact our team if you have any further questions.
We are looking forward to working with you and your family in the near future